Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Big families

I've always wanted a big family. I didn't realize that until i was 30 and began wanting kids. Prior to that i saw myself as never having children. Until this pregnancy i was still thinking i would have 4. It took so long to get pregnant that i doubt that's possible now but still i would like 3. I was reading this article which i found on sometimes we do's blog. It's why i've always wanted more than a couple kids. Big families look like fun. Sure they are chaotic but how much joy they bring each other too and what a support system. For no real reason at all i feel sad for only children. I know the people that have only children are happy with that but the kids always seem so adult before their time and just not as joyful. Everyone around me now says "now you'll have one of each and your family is complete!" I just don't see it that way. I want more. I never cared if i had all boys, all girls, or a mixture. I always imagined myself with a brood of boys. There is not a single person encouraging me to have more and even there is one in my belly now, and one who drives me crazy half the time, i can't consider my family complete but everyone around me does. God will let me know if i should have more or not i feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home