Wednesday, July 16, 2008

catching up...

My inlaws left this morning. I always think i'll have more time to do some things and was hoping to get some projects finished up but it's never the case. I don't know where the last three weeks went. A scary thing is that i have to finish this book which i have barely started and have it reviewed by the end of August. 700 pages! And it's non-fiction and very scholarly which means it takes 3 times as long to read as a novel. Why on Earth did i agree to it? It sounded (and is) fascinating.

What's weird with me and my procrastination is the extent of it. I haven't read a novel for fun in i don't know how long BUT did i find the time recently? Of course. I read "How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild, and Got a Life". Yeah, i know plaguerism was involved and plan on reading those to see the extent...just out of curiousity. I love Indian fiction though and it was cute and a very quick read. The way i look at this is the way i look at Indian movies. Every time i watch one i see three American films they took/stole/got ideas from. I'm curious to see how much she plaguerized though. I read an interview from a past magazine before the story broke and it was funny to read a year after the exposure.

What else is new? I got my swap package and what a lovely package it was. I'm posting photos later i hope. I actually got two because another friend sent me a package too as i plan to do if i can ever get back into the sewing room. On a good note i finally put the binding on Little Dude's quilt. The color thing had me stuck but i went with my gut and did red and he loves it, and i love it. So cute. I love that when i make something for him he wants to put it in use right away. What a sweety.

Okay, that's it. Got lots of catching up to do and lots of reading to avoid, er, do. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home