Saturday, March 22, 2008

flickr group for sew along

Here's the group i just created for the sewalong. I'm so glad i have two of my favorite people with me! Any others want to join in? If you don't have a blog or use flickr just email me your picture and i'll include it there. Next week is easy kids pants. Now for this one you can get really creative and make as many as you want. When i do these i find myself making 3 or 4 at once. In fact, right now i'm working on ld's spring/summer clothes. You can makes shorts the same way.

You can use men's shirts, jersey knits (i really like striped ones made from my shirts).

Here's a few links:

pants from a t-shirt. Also here.

Pants from fabric (or shirts).

The pants from a button down shirt are a tad bit different because the front usually has a button down. I haven't seen a tutorial on doing them this way so i think i'll be posting my first tutorial for that style.

I love these. They are so easy and so fun. I like to take my husbands nice work shirts that have a stain or whatever and use them for these. Business shirts have good nice soft fabric. Especially the name brands. I really like the plaids of polo shirts.

Have fun and post your pictures next weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home