Thursday, November 17, 2005

For the birds!


owl
Originally uploaded by wayfarer.

The other day I woke up, felt cold, so opened the curtains in the dining room to let in the sun and I totally freaked out. This is what i saw! It totally freaked me out. It's a bad picture because it's through the window and screen...i didn't want to scare him off. It's a big huge owl! I posted the picture to show the size. I've never seen an owl before.

The blue heron is back too. He lives here in the fall and winter and leaves late winter. It's beautiful to watch him flying low over the lake now that the leaves are falling and we can see it. Just a beautiful bird. This is what one looks like in case you don't know. And this is what they look like flying. There's all kinds of birds hanging out in our backyard now and around the lake. Fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home