Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Being a Mom


This is by far the hardest and easiest thing i've ever done. I'm loving it!

And a little funny thing. Mom calls the other day while we were at the pediatrician and asks "So you named him what? How do you spell that?" I spell the name (a very easy Muslim name that is pretty common) for her and she doesn't quite get it. But after a pause she says "Is that one of those Afghanistan names?" LOL. I mean come on! Last time it was an Iraqi thing. For those who don't know about my mom's confusion when it comes to my religion, you can look back to posts from July 20 or August 3rd. My oh my. Today, she calls and says "so how is my grandson *****" and the way she pronounced his name almost had me on the floor laughing. I don't know how she came up with the pronunciation. It's left me confused most of the day.

Ramadan Mubarak early also! I won't be fasting this year for obvious reasons but do plan on reading much of the Qur'an and doing good deeds as well as some extra things during the holy month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home