Sunday, April 13, 2008

Successes!


Spring jacket!
Originally uploaded by wayfarer
Sometimes when i sew things i'm like "Eh, it's okay" but these are two of my recent favorite things.... a spring jacket for LD. I can't believe i finally got a pattern right and now i feel more confident about them because a lined jacket isn't exactly the easiest thing to make. I can tell you i never figured out how to do the sleeve edges so i just cheated and topstiched them. It's weird turning right side out. Any tips? It looks fine like this but i'd like to know for next time.

which buttons?
Originally uploaded by wayfarer

And these shorts.

skater shorts
Originally uploaded by wayfarer

LD loves skateboarders. He's always pretending to be one. When the little ironing board is out he's on there skating. Shen there's anything oblong he says "skateboard momma, skateboard!" I don't like skateboards. When i was in the hospital a few months ago for those kidney stones, there was a teenage kid in there with a face that was half missing, many broken bones and scrapes all from a skateboard accident. He was a big mess. I said then, no skateboards for my kid. Sigh. Anyway, i made him these cool kids skater shorts. Used vintage corduroy (color is better in person) - i couldn't for the life of me figure out what to use that fabric for. I got it in a packet with some other pieces at last fall's rummage sale. I was going to use the volkswagon bus fabric with it, but i thought this gave it a better vintage feel.

details
Originally uploaded by wayfarer

I didn't finish the bottoms because i want them to be a little "grunge". He loves them! Wouldn't take them off and started crying lol.

I can't wait to do more patterns now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home