The To-Do List Meme
Gulnari kindly tagged me on the before 18 To-Do List Meme. Here is my contribution. If a youth does all these before 18, that would be excellent, but it can really be done at all ages.
* Read everything and never trust anyone/thing 100% except God. Reading will open your eyes to the world and teach you many things, many of which will contradict each other and make you a pessimist. Understand that nothing is perfect except God and smile with that knowledge when you see people trying to outsmart each other. Realize their quest is futile and a waste of time.
* Believe in yourself. If your parents don't, your siblings don't, your teachers don't, do it yourself. Life can hand out some pretty bad hands but if you believe in yourself, truly believe in yourself, you can - and will - overcome it all.
* Be kind to your parents and your grandparents and anyone older than you. Listen to what they have to say. You don't have to believe it, or even act on it, or even like it, but listen. Twenty years down the road, you may realize that your parents are pretty cool under all the geekiness. You will be a parent one day too.
* On this note, always be a good houseguest and help out. Remember it is charity for a person to invite you into their home and be part of their family for a set amount of time. Appreciate that and respect their home.
* Try new things like arts, crafts, something creative. You may not be good at it, but it will teach you something and provide usefullness. Even if it's something like changing the oil on a car. Learn useful things. Be innovative.
* Never forget God. Wake up knowing that God gave you another day and go to bed thanking Him.
* Do random acts of kindness. Help women with children and older women with their groceries or whatever it is they need help with. Many men prey on these women now. Be different and help them. Protect them. When a stranger drops something, pick it up and give it to them. Open the door for someone, or wait the extra minute to hold it for someone coming through. Don't push in line. Be polite. Know what you deserve but partake humbly. Do these things even if you get rude remarks. 9 out of 10 will appreciate it and if they don't, you still did good. There are many angry people in the world and selfish ones too. Don't be one of them.
* Love yourself, love your family, and love God. Not in the order.
I don't know how many I was supposed to list but this seems like a good place to end. :-)
I'm not going to tag anyone but i'd love for others to do this. If you do please leave a comment and let me know so i can read it!
*** Funny, i just noticed i wrote this as though i was talking to my son/or a boy...my muse i guess. I think girls should do the same things though...be protectors of their mothers, sisters etc. I am fiercely protective of my mother.