Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Book Meme (aka Topic Change)

Total number of books owned: God only knows but it's got to be around 400 or so. Gosh, that's a lot. I think i'll get rid of a box today.

Last book bought: A few for the Little Dude and i believe it was Even Angels Ask and Losing my religion by Jeffery Lang for me. But most of my books i get from the library... I just buy what i can't find there or i find a book used i'll do that since i usually have trade credit at some store or another.

Last book read: My Latest Grievance by Elinor Lipman but that doesn't count because i'm reviewing for "work". And excluding religious books too, Arranged Marriage by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.

Five books that mean a lot to you: I'd put the Qur'an down because it's so much more than a book to me and i don't want to triviliaze it. Same goes for the Bible (it led me to where i'm at).

1. The Super Baby Food book (I swear, i've recommended this to everyone i know whether they have a baby or toddler or just for themselves. It's chalk full of tons of tips, ideas, and food information such as nutrition etc. I love love love this book. I carry it around with me a lot to read and reread.

2. The Little Prince / Le Petite Prince

3. The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

4. The Unoriginal Sinner and the Ice Cream God by John Powers

5. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. I'll never know why this one affected me like it did but it did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home