Wednesday, September 23, 2009

School and sewing.

I actually got a little sewing done the last few days. Made little dude's pajamas, a felt crown for his birthday party, 2 pairs of pants cut and ready to be sewn and two pairs of pants cut and ready to be sewn for baby girl. And finally i braved the zipper.

DSC01848

I have been afraid to do a zipper forever but i did it, and without instructions which kind of screwed things up just a tad but now i know for next time. I like this pillow cover. I took an old sweater, cut it into a square, sewed and then put the zipper in. It needs a firmer pillow inside but i think it's cozy.

DSC01847

I'm able to sew because Little Dude is accepting school and i'm so happy for him. He still doesn't play with the other kids but i think school is a good thing for him. I see him changing a little already.

Every morning he still says he doesn't want to go and I don't blame him. I don't want to go either but I do think it will help him with his social skills. There's a huge part of me that wants to homeschool him and i think i would if he was more comfortable outside the home but he just hates leaving the house and i really want to help him be comfortable around other people and the only way to do that is to provide a safe and comfortable place for him to get the practice and to learn. I think his interests are so different too that it's hard for him to relate to kids. Kids are volatile and unpredictable. That's hard for him. He's also interested in older kid stuff (he's having us read 4th grade science books and encyclopedia's to him). That's his interest. And machinery and mechanical stuff. I tell you, i've learned so much about the world since having this boy in my life. He can tell you what's inside bugs, the walls etc. This is what he likes talking about and the poor kid can't find a kid his age to talk about this stuff to. I just hope he can make a few friends.

Maybe one day he'll actually want to leave the house to go to the playground or library. Maybe not. I do hope i'm doing the right thing for him. I think i am but as a parent we never know, do we.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you health and happiness every day!
Ich wunsche Ihnen Gluck und Gesundheit jeden Tag!
Je vous souhaite sante et bonheur chaque jour!

網路行銷
seo

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home