Sunday, July 03, 2005

Summoned by the angels...


The other morning I woke up at dawn to the sound of an angelic voice and music. At first I thought I was dreaming and since I was alone, hubby out of town, I wasn't sure what was going on but then an overwhelming fear came over me. Oh no, I missed fajr and I was being summoned by the angels for Judgment Day. I didn't know what to do. I sat up and looked around and everything looked the same but I was terrified to leave the bedroom. I sat there wandering what i was supposed to do. Should i go face the music or run? The voice stopped. Relief. Okay, it must have been something outside. Then it started again. Uh oh, it's really here is what i was thinking. I muster my courage and walk down the stairs following this angelic voice....

It's coming from a box. What is an angel doing in a box? What I found is a little mosque thing that recites the adhan five times a day that Sister Scorpion gave me a year ago but since it's been in storage, the batteries are low and so it has since taken on a mind of it's own and not even the adhan is clear...it just sounds like an angelic voice with music but the words aren't clear. Let me tell you - I have never been so scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home