Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pineapple and Coconut Oatmeal - MMMmmmm

I was up very early today and starving by the time the little dude got up (7:00). I remembered an oatmeal recipe on Crunchy Peas blog that sounded good. Yum! I don't care for oatmeal...ate it waaay too much as a kid (read as forced to eat it) so i've always gone for cream of wheat instead. Little Dude also doesn't care much for oatmeal. Never has. I've tried putting blueberries in, apples, homemake it in the crockpot with dates and apples etc etc. But he always just picks out the chunks of fruit and leaves the blueberry stained oatmeal behind.

He ate 3/4 of this recipe and i ate a whole bowl.

I just used regular oatmeal, added some drained crushed pineapple, a sprinkle of shredded coconut and brown sugar. I had almonds on the side since LD will chew on one for an hour it's best to leave them out of his. You must try this. Adds a bright start to an otherwise dreary cold day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home