Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Buried under words these days...

Can you believe I have had absolutely nothing to blog about? What is going on here? I'm buried under deadlines, deadlines and more deadlines. I hate this feeling... Insh'Allah it will get better in February. My inlaws (parental ones this time) are coming for a month long visit and I'm looking forward to that. I'll admit I'm looking forward to having an hour to myself while they play with their little prince. But then I always look forward to my visits with the inlaws - they are the best visitors alhamdulillah. I don't feel the stress I normally do with other visitors. My parents and my inlaws both just belong here in a way and I love it when they visit. Of course, there is occasionally friction with my mil but that's just part of being a multi-cultural family and it's very miniscule. I think my inlaws and I have finally gotten used to each other and accept each other for who we are. I love them dearly and in some ways I'm closer to them than I am my own family.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them with LD this visit. LD has changed so much and is so interactive now. They're going to love it. Speaking of which, LD now starts fights and is very possessive. If he sees a kid playing with something he wants, he walks up to them and puts his hand out for the kid to give it to him. When they don't, he tries to swipe it and if they are successful in this, then he just pushes them down and takes it. I always scold him but he doesn't get it of course. He actually doesn't mind if the kid is older than him - i think it's because he learns from them or maybe he knows his limitations. Strangely enough, he feels no jealousy when I hold other babies. He actually gets amusement from it. Maybe he's ready for a sibling. Am I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home