Monday, November 27, 2006

the week in review

Dad came, saw and conquered. Just kidding. He did come though and it was nice to see him. I was so surprised to see that the scars from the fire are hardly visible at all. Unbelievable!

Here's some tidbits since the last time i blogged...

- Bad stuff first. People who taunt me with pork are annoying and i don't know why they do it. I really hate it when they do it when i'm paying the tab (well, my husband is paying but you get the point).

- Thanksgiving was good. Family, some friends and good food. Zack brought some delicious desserts. Unbelievably good.

- We took them (dad and step mom) to Savannah the day after Thanksgiving. I came home with Chocolate covered sunflower seeds and River Street Pralines. I also think i came home with a chigger or two from the Spanish Moss that we walked through in Bonaventure Cemetery made famous in the book and movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

- While in Savannah, we were driving down one of those little side streets all of a sudden cars stopped, people jumped out with cameras and were chasing a car down the street. More people were running alongside the street with cameras. We had to stop the car because of the swarm of people in front of us. It looked like papparazi and we wondered who it was when out of a limo stepped a short haired gray haired woman who we could only see the back of and a man who looked like santa klaus. Then you heard the "well hello ya'll" - it was none other than Paula Deen. It was hilarious. We thought it was a celebrity, not a chef.

- I finished crocheting a cool scarf with pockets for myself. I'm still working on a baby blanket that has taken over 20 hours so far so to keep my morale high, i've been working on some side projects. This blanket i'm working on is just beautiful. It's like a garden of roses but using only one color yarn...gorgeous. I've uploaded the projects i've done so far and you can see them in my flickr album.

- I also placed two new geocaches since two old ones i placed got muggled.

That's about it. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home