Friday, February 18, 2005

Muharram procession pictures

So here are some pictures of the Muharram Procession that took place in New York last weekend (not my pictures...some elses).

I've also been looking at a cd they were handing out. I got a few English Quran's for a few friends too. If you are in need or know anyone that wants an English Qur'an, let me know and i can get them one or some as the case may be. The cd i got has so much on it. So awesome. Here is a list:

* Video of all Zyarates in Najaf, Karbala, and Sham.
* Audio of complete Holy Qur'an in Urdu and Arabic.
* Books:
1. Nahjul Balagha (Volume 1)
2. Biography's of Imam Ali (a.s.), Imam Hasan (a.s.), Imam Hussain (a.s.), Bibi Zaynab (a.s.), Prophet Muhammad (s.a.), Imam Musa Kazim (a.s.), Imam Ali Raza (a.s.), Imam Ali Naqi (a.s.)
3. Hadis-e-Qudsi (Arabic and Englis)
4. Journey of Souls after Death
5. Then I was Guided
6. Stories from Quran (Stories of all the Prophets in the Qur'an)
7. A few important pages from Tufatul Awaam.

All in English. Tell me that doesn't rock. I've been looking through it and it's quite awesome. There's also a section on phrases of Imam Ali and some of it blew me away like this one:

I wonder at the arrogance of a haughty and vain person. Yesterday he was only a drop of semen and tomorrow he will turn into a corpse. I wonder at the man who observes the Universe created by Allah and doubts His Being and Existence. I wonder at the man who sees people dying around him and yet he has forgotten his end. I wonder at the man who understands the marvel of genesis of creation and refuses to accept that he will be brought back to life again. I wonder at the man who takes great pains to decorate and to make comfortable this mortal habitat and totally forgets his permanent abode.

Heading out to the local mosque tonight. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home